Saturday, September 2, 2017

Wildwood Larkwing (Silver and Orchids #3) by Shari L. Tapscott


“Till death do us part” might come sooner than Lucia imagined. 

After living her entire life on the outside looking in, Lucia has finally ventured into the world of Kalae’s nobility. Now infamous for slaying several sirens in their forbidden waters, she is the king’s new pet, the courtiers’ favorite conversation topic, and the queen’s least favorite former chicken maid.

As if navigating this new world were not enough, a shadow has fallen over Kalae’s most beautiful royal city. Crime runs rampant in Teirn, alchemy supply shoppes are pillaged in the dead of night, and rumors of illicit underground masquerades abound.

On top of all that, Lucia has her own problem in the form of the pirate who stole a piece of her heart. Still-healing Avery is not content with a sliver of Lucia’s affection, not after what transpired between them on the mystery-enshrouded whirlpool island. But with a dark man stalking the adventuress, and a simple job spiraling her and Sebastian into the depths of Kalae’s criminal underworld, Lucia's not sure if she'll live long enough to give the captain a real chance.


Oooh, this is a series that I LOVE!  It's always a happy day for me when a new book comes out from Shari Tapscott.  She writes books in a way that are so easy for me to settle in with.  I first fell in love with Shari's writing in the Eldentimber series.  It's still one of my favorites.  Shari's books incorporate adventure, magic and a bit of romance.  You probably want to read this series in order.  Start at the beginning (Moss Forest Orchid).  You won't regret it.  :)

Because this book is the third in the Silver & Orchids series, these characters are all so familiar to me and I feel as if I know them all personally.  I love them!  I felt like this book was a little less "action"  and heart pounding stuff than book two (which is my favorite so far) but I still really liked this book.  Relationships between the characters are changing and evolving.  I'm really looking forward to the next book!  I think it comes out in November!

Here's one of my favorite quotes from this book:

"Sometimes real confidence doesn't show up until after you pretend for a bit."

Content:  Some kissing, mild peril

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.